The 2019 novel coronavirus has been renamed COVID-19 by the World Health Organization. It continues to be highly contagious and is spreading steadily throughout the world. Millions are fearful and presumably you might be too. The best way to fight this viral infection though is not to be afraid of it but to be prepared for it. Believe it or not, a plant-based lifestyle is an excellent way to brace yourself for this disease. While there is no vaccine to counteract the virus, a plant-based lifestyle is the perfect booster for the immune system which will help your body fight like a well-trained combat machine.
Notice I am talking about more than just a diet here. When it comes to a well-greased, efficient and powerful immune system that can win the virus war for you, we have to address more than diet. We have to address the entire lifestyle. Let’s take an inventory of your lifestyle right now and see if it’s one that is keeping your immune system in tip top shape.
- Are you going to bed by 10PM and getting at least seven hours of sleep?
- Is your stress level under control and are you taking on only what you can reasonably handle?
- Have you kicked your tobacco habit in the butt?
- Is your body in motion regularly and are you getting at least 20 minutes of exercise 3 to 4 times a week?
- Have you removed major toxins from your diet which include meat, dairy and processed sugar?
- Are you getting 2 – 3 servings of green vegetables into your body every day?
So how’d you do? If you said no to all or most of the questions it’s likely your immune system is weak and has been for a while. There’s no time like the present to start making a change. Hey, it makes no sense to worry and fret over COVID-19 and not do anything to get ready. Look at the list above and decide what aspect of your lifestyle you can start improving today. Each journey begins with one step. So get up and take a step. You’ll be surprised how far you’ll get.
To the best of health for you and your family,